Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Miss Ataxia: His Day

Thor got back from the pound yesterday after being "clip and chipped", thus far he has peed on my mother's bed and on the floor countless times. And still he doesn't know his name.

Today is the boy's birthday. 27 years old I'm going to heckle him about being old for the next few days just to make sure that it really sinks in. He seemed surprised when my family made him dinner and got him presents like we did. The last time that he really celebrated his birthday was when he was a kid and the last time that he did both his parents got arrested. So simply put, he doesn't think much of his birthday. What did he get? For dinner he got homemade lasagna, salad, and french bread. With my homemade banana bread for dessert. All of which he wanted. For gifts, an electric kettle so he can finally eat at his house, a robe (so he doesn't make his housemates jealous or scare the crap out of them from the pastyness). And 100 bucks in cash, to go towards what he wants. Whether it be tags for his truck, his storage shed, bills, mini fridge, or something totally random that he simply has a desire to have. It's his. He needed a day like this. I don't think that he really expected us to do anything for him. I honestly don't. Seeing the smile on his face nearly made me cry though. I don't get to see him smile like that. And when he read what my parents card said, "from mom and dad", he looked almost shocked. He's one of the kids now, I don't think he was ever going to expect that to happen.

No comments: